Aug 01, 2022
The book is a result of the research on refugee diaspora depicted in two films by Tanvir Mokammel ‘The Border Line’ (Seemantorekha) and ‘The promised Land’ (Swapnabhumi). The research was conducted under the Bangladesh Film Archive fellowship 2020-2021. The vulnerability of the diasporic situation presented in these two documentaries is analyzed by contemporary political philosophical theory. The issues of statelessness, identity crisis, and diasporic condition of the displaced people as visualized in the films are also the major concerns in contemporary global politics. Due to the partition in 1947 many people had to leave their homeland under cruel violence and massacres. A huge number of the Bengali Hindu population left the then East Bengal and took refuge in many places in India. Similarly, many Biharis and Bengali Muslims migrated from India and came to the then East Pakistan which is Bangladesh now. Seventy years have passed since then. How are these people now? And how the political boundaries of barbed ware have affected people’s lives and relations? All these have been presented in these two films. The book attempts to understand the eternal human relationship with one's motherland under the new structure of political identity as depicted by the state boundaries.
- Call for Applications: 2023 Study of United States Institute (SUSI) Scholars and Educators Program
- “Peace Operations in the Digital Era-Opportunities and Challenges for the Global Training Community” শীর্ষক আন্তর্জাতিক সম্মেলন অনুষ্ঠিত হয়
- বিশ্ব মানসিক স্বাস্থ্য দিবস -২০২২ (অনুষ্ঠান সূচী)
- শিক্ষার্থী কল্যাণ ও পরামর্শদান কেন্দ্র আগামী ১৯ অক্টোবর ২০২২ "জীবন-দক্ষতামূলক কর্মশালা" আয়োজন করতে যাচ্ছে।
- State, Identity and Diaspora in Tanvir Mokammel's Films বইয়ের প্রকাশনা উৎসব অনুষ্ঠিত।
- আগামী ৩০ শে আগস্ট 2022 "State, Identity and Diaspora in Tanvir Mokammel's Films" বইয়ের প্রকাশনা উৎসব।