History of JU
Jahangirnagar University accustomed as a residential accessible university in 1970 has now 34 departments and Six Faculties along with Two institutes, with added than fifteen thousand students, and about Five hundred academics adherent to teaching and research. The sprawling arresting campus is anchored 30 kilometres from the basic Dhaka, able-bodied affiliated with a civic highway. The aboriginal assembly of Independent Bangladesh accepted the university its Charter in 1973 beneath which the university is getting operated.
The badge of the university bears the civic annual ‘white lily’ (Lilium condidu) with three petals belted by strips of a acceptable floral architecture with the name of the university in Bangla ensconcing in a semi-circle like a band of flowers.
Located at Savar abreast Dhaka, Jahangirnagar University is one of the arch Universities in Bangladesh. The University is a residential one. It was formally launched on 12 January 1970 by its aboriginal adjudicator Rear Admiral S.M. Ahsan, Governor of above East Pakistan. After Emergence of Bangladesh the Government allowable the Jahangirnagar University Act. 1973, which repealed the antecedent authorization and renamed the University as Jahangirnagar University.The University owes its present appearance to this act beneath which it is now functioning.
About- Jahangirnagar University (JU)
Name: Jahangirnagar University
Establishment: 20th August, 1970
Academic Year: 1st July to 30th June
Postal Address: Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1342.
Land Area: 697.56 Acre.