Students Counselling and Guidance Centre
Dr. Md. Laek Sazzad Andallah
About Students Counselling and Guidance Centre
Students Counselling and Guidance Centre of Jahangirnagar University has been started its journey from the middle of 1982 to meet the needs of students by integrating many facets of wellness into a single home. Aiming to promote the overall well-being, personal growth, academic success, and career guidelines of the students, the centre is committed to create a welcoming and affirming space where all the students are valued.
Located on the first floor of the Teacher-Student Centre (TSC) building, the Students Counselling and Guidance Centre offers support and guidance to the students in facing and addressing diverse challenges and issues of their campus life. This acts as a support system for the students at the University and addresses their emotional well-being as well. Through the Center, you can find a full range of wellness-related services, including individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, victim/survivor advocacy services, crisis intervention, consultations, cultural events, careen guidance, academic, professional, and social interaction skill development, and other wellness-related programming.
The following are the major activities of the Counselling and Guidance Service.
1. Coordinating student’s advisor of the departments/ institutes
2. Fresher’s Reception
3. University Day Celebration
4. World Mental Health Day Celebration
5. Organizing workshop/ seminar on mental health issues
6. Helping students on mental health issues
7. Organizing Job Fair
8. Organizing workshop/seminar on career planning
9. Organizing various competition
10. Managing tuitions for students
11. Selecting and promoting students into national and international organization
12. Cooperating with inquiry committee, proctor office, hall administration etc.