Nahid Salma, born in 1988, obtained BSc (4-years, honors program) and MSc degrees in Statistics from Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh in session 2006 -2007 and 2010-2011 respectively. She achieved CGPA 3.88 and 3.93 (in a scale of 4.00) in graduation and postgraduation examinations respectively and secured First position in both the examinations during her tenure. She obtained her second MSc(180 credits, 1-year program) in Bioinformatics from Newcastle University, UK in 2019 under prestigious commonwealth scholarship with Distinction.
Bioinformatics, Big Data, Applied Statistics, Machine Learning
JOURNAL PAPER15. Karim Ullah Chowdhury, Nahid Salma, Seasonal Adjustment Of Export Data Published By Bangladesh Bank, Research & Reviews: Journal of Statistics, 11, 2, 2022.
14. Nahid Salma, Md. Moyazzem Hossain, Sabina Yasmin, Muhammad Khairul Alam, K.M. Rafiqul Alam, Assessing Mental Health Status among COVID-19 Recovery Patients in Bangladesh- A Pilot Study (Accepted), International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, (2022).
13. Sauda Mubarak, Indrani Sarker, Nahid Salma*, Sumaiya Shafayet Supti, Mizanur Rahman Zihad , Farhana Afrin Duti, The Impact of Social Media on Creating Panic during COVID-19 Pandemic in Bangladesh: Online Questionnaire Study (Accepted), International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, (2022).
12 . Nahid Salma, Perceptions of blood donation among the students of Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 7, 4, (2021). doi: https://doi.org/10.3329/ajmbr.v7i4.57614
11. Khairul Alam, Ferdous Bin Ali, Rajon Banik, Sabina Yasmin, Nahid Salma, Assessing the mental health condition of home-confined University level students of Bangladesh due to the COVID-19 pandemic., Journal of Public Health, (2021). doi: 10.1007/s10389-021-01542-w
10. Sabina Yasmin, Md. Hazrat Ali, Shafika Rahman, Nahid Salma, Preference and Feasibility of Online Classes among Bangladeshi Students during COVID-19 Pandemic, International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, 42, 1, (2021).
9. Sabina Yasmin Shila, Muhammad Khairul Alam, Ferdous Bin Ali, Rajon Banik, Nahid salma, Psychological Impact of COVID-19 among people from the banking sector in Bangladesh: A cross sectional study, International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction (IJMA), (2021). doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-020-00456-0
8 . Shandip Roy, Md. Moyazzem Hossain, and Nahid Salma, Identifying the Key Factors of the Performance of Bangladesh Cricket Team: Evidence from One Day International Cricket Matches, International Journal of Tomography and Simulation, 34, 2, (2021).
7. Sabina Yeasmin, Sorif Hossain, Md. Nazmul Hossain, Raju Mahumud, Nahid Salma, Md Moyazzem Hossain, Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Mental Health of Children in Bangladesh: A Cross-Sectional Study, Children and Youth Services Review, (2020). doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2020.105277
6. S. Yeasmin and N. Salma, Assessing the influencing factors on satisfaction level as a student of statistics department of public university in Bangladesh, International Journal of Mathematics and Computation, 32, 1, pp.17-28, (2021).
5. Md. Torikul Islam , Sabina Yasmin , Nahid Salma, Socioeconomical Profile and Factors Associated with Migrated Rickshaw Pullers in Jahangirnagar University Campus, Bangladesh, Research & Reviews: Journal of Statistics, 9, 1, pp.9-15, (2020).
4. N. Salma and M.F.B Karim, Prescription Pattern of Antibiotics among specialist doctors in Mymensingh city of Bangladesh, Journal of Statistical Studies, 35, (2021).
3. N. Salma*, R. Mahumud, Prescribing Pattern of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs among the Specialists Doctors in Mymensingh City of Bangladesh—A Descriptive Study, Research & Reviews: A Journal of Pharmacology, 8, 2, pp.19-23, (2018).
2. Salma N, Majumder, AK, Modified joint test of heteroscedasticity and serial correlation in a random effect panel data model under restricted alternatives, Research & Reviews: Journal of Statistics, 2, 3, pp.41-49, (2013).
1. N. Salma, M.F.B. Karim, F.A. Duty, Modified Unit Root Test in a Random Effect Panel Data Model under Restricted AlternaModified Unit Root Test in a Random Effect Panel Data Model under Restricted Alternatives., Research & Reviews: Journal of Statistics., 5, 2, pp.1-10, (2016).
SEMINARNahid Salma, Identifying Best Seasonal Adjustment Technique for Different Financial Data Published by Bangladesh Bank, University Founded Project, Dean, Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences, 2021-2022,
Nahid Salma, Perceptions of Blood Donation Among the Students of Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, University Funded Project, Presented the seminar organized by Dean, Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences, 2020-21.
M.Sc in Bioinformatics
M.S in Statistics
Position: Assistant Director