Dr.Risala Tasin Khan is a Professor at the Institute of Information Technology at Jahangirnagar University, where she has been working since 2009. She completed her B.Sc. from Computer Science & Engineering Department of Jahangirnagar University in 2003, and an M.Sc. from the same department in 2005. She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering from the Jahangirnagar University in 2019. Her Ph.D research work was on the performance evaluation of CRN over fading channel incorporating space diversity. From 2005 to 2009 she worked at CSE Department of Daffodil International University as a lecturer.
Her research interests span both computer networking and wireless communication. Much of her work has been on improving the performance of cognitive radio networks, mainly through the perfect sensing of the presence of a secondary user in a particular sensing zone. She has also examined the impact of network performance on the arrival of traffic using different statistical models. Recently she has also started doing research on resource allocation of wireless networks using machine learning and the security aspect of IoT.
Dr. Risala Tasin Khan is the author of more than 22 papers on cognitive radio networks and supervised more than 70 students in different fields of wireless communication. She is a senior member of IEEE and also acted as a counselor of IEEE WIE Affinity Group JU SB.
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Risala_Khan
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=xNW1fnQAAAAJ&hl=en
Wireless Communication System, Machine Learning, IoT, eCommerce, Image Processing
- Md. Mushfiqur Rahman, Risala T. Khan, Shakila Zaman, Md. Tanvir Rahman, Taslima F. Shuva, “Analysis of the Correlation between SARS-CoV-2 Transmission and Meteorological Parameters in Bangladesh”, Journal of Health and Social Sciences, vol.7, no.3, pp. 337-354, 2022, doi: 10.19204/2022/NLYS8
- Shakila Zaman, R. A. Khandaker, Risala T. Khan, Faisal Tariq, Kai-Kit Wong, “Thinking Out of the Blocks: Holochian for Distributed Security in IoT Healthcare”, IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 37064-37081, 2022, doi: 10.1109
- Tohfa T. Mawa, Tanjila Hossain, Md. Tanvir Rahman, Risala T. Khan, Taslima F. Shuva, “Facebook Marketing and Its Influence on Consumer Purchase Behavior in the Context of Bangladesh”, European Journal of Business and Management, vol.13. No. 21, November 2021.
Shakila Zaman, Khaled Alhazmi, Mohammad A. Aseeri, Muhammad Raisuddin Ahmed, Risala Tasin Khan, M. Shamim Kaiser, Mufti Mahmud, “Security Threats and Artificial Intelligence Based Countermeasures for Internet of Things Networks: A Comprehensive Survey," IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 94668-94690, June 2021
- Jakia Sultana Lima, Risala T. Khan, Shakila Zaman, Fahima Tabassum, “Performance Analysis of 2x2 and 3x3 MIMO with QPSK in Rayleigh Fading Channel”, International Journal for Applied Science & Engineering Technology, volume 9, Issue-2, February 2021
- Md. Tanvir Rahman, Taslima Ferdaus Shuva, Risala T. Khan, Mostafa Kamal, “A Review of Contact Tracing Approaches for Controlling Covid-19 Pandemic”, Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Volume 21, Issue 1, February 2021
- Md. Tanvir Rahman, Risala T. Khan, Muhammad R. A. Khandaker, Mathini Sellathurai and Md. Sifat Ar Salan, “An Automated Contract Tracing Approach for Controlling Covid-19 Spread Based on Geolocation Data from Mobile Cellular Networks”, IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 213554-213565, November 2020
- Samsunnahar Khandakar, Md. Imdadul Islam, Fahima Tabassum, Risala T. Khan,” Recognition of Bangla Handwritten Number Using Combination of PCA and FIS with the Aid of DWT”, Journal of Computer and Communications, volume 8, Issue 9, September 2020
- Fahima Tabassum, Md. Imdadul Islam, Risala T. Khan, M Ruhul Amin, “Human Face Recognition with Combination of DWT and Machine Learning”, Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences, February 2020
- Bulbul Ahammad, Risala T. Khan, Md. Imdadul Islam, “ WLAN-LTE Integrated Traffic Model under Unlicensed Spectrum”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Volume 17, No. 3, March 2019.
- Md. Tanvir Rahman, Md. Sifat Ar Salan, Taslilma Ferdaus Shuva and Risala Tasin Khan, “Efficient Sensor-Cloud Communication using Data Classification and Compression” in International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science, volume. 9, no. 6, pp. 9-17, 2017.
- Lailatun Nahar, Shakila Zaman, Risala Tasin Khan, “Performance Evaluation of Cooperative and Noncooperative Spectrum Sensing Scheme in Cognitive Radio Network Based on Decision Fusion Strategies”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 8, Issue 8, pp: 1199-1203, August-2017
- Shakila Zaman, Risala Tasin Khan and Md. Imdadul Islam, “Comparative Study of Bayesian and Energy Detection Including MRC Under Fading Environment in Collaborative Cognitive Radio Network” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications(IJACSA), Volume 8, Issue 5, 2017
- Risala Tasin Khan, Shakila Jaman, Imdadul Islam, M. R. Amin, “Optimum Access Analysis of Collaborative Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Network using MRC”, International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 7, 2016
- Lailatun Nahar, Md. Mahbub-Or-Rashid, Shireen Akter, Risala Tasin Khan, “Medium Access Probability of Cognitive Radio Network Under ECC-33/Hata-Okumura Extended Model Using Different Fading Channels at 1900MHz and 2100MHz”, International Journal of Computational Engineering Research (IJCER), Volume, 06, Issue, 07, July – 2016
- Zubyda Sultana, Risala Tasin Khan, Lailatun Nahar, “Performance Evaluation of Cognitive Radio Network under different path loss models using frequency ranges of 1900 and 2100 MHz”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 7, Issue 6, June-2016
- Risala T. Khan, Md. Imdadul Islam, and M. R. Amin, “Medium Access Probability of Cognitive Radio Network at 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume. 124, No. 5, August 2015
- Md. Imdadul Islam, M. Rabbi, Risala T Khan, Jesmin Akter, “Performance Evaluation of Cognitive Radio Network Based on 2-D Markov Chain”, Journal of Telecommunications and Information Technology, 2015.
- Md. Budrul Hasan Bhuiyan, Md. Fazlay Rabbi, Risala Tasin Khan, Jesmin Akhter and Md. Imdadul Islam, “Performance Evaluation of Cognitive Radio Network under Limited User Traffic”, Jahangirnagar University Journal of Electronics and Computer Science, Volume 15, pp.23-28, June 2014
- Risala T. Khan, Md. Imdadul Islam, and M. R. Amin, “Traffic Analysis of Cognitive Radio Network Based on the Concept of Medium Access Probability”, Journal of Information Process System, Volume.10, No.4, pp.602~617, December 2014
- Sajib Kumar Kuri, Risala Tasin Khan and Md. Imdadul Islam, “Cross-Layer Analytical Model for Cognitive Radio Network under Engset and M/G/1/m Traffic” Jahangirnagar University Journal of Electronics and Computer Science, Volume 15, pp.1-5, June 2014
- Risala T. Khan, Tanzilah Noor Shabnam, Md. Imdadul Islam, and M. R. Amin, “Enhancement of Performance of Cognitive Radio Network with Incorporation of MRC Scheme at Secondary Receiver”, IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume. 4, No. 4, August 2012
- Risala Tasin Khan and Md. Imdadul Islam, “Evaluation of Three Layered Cell Mobile Cellular Network Using QERT Traffic Model “, Journal of Electronics and Computer Science, Vol.11, pp.1-5, June 2012
Yumou Chen, Muhammad R A Khandaker, Faisal Tariq, Risala T Khan, “K-Nearest Neighbour Learning for Secure Intelligent Reflecting Surface Design”, International Conference on 4th Industrial Revolution and Beyond (IC4IR) 2021, December 10-11, 2021
Shakila Zaman, M. Shamim Kaiser, Risala Tasin Khan and Mufti Mahmud, “Towards SDN and Blockchain based IoT Countermeasures: A Survey”, 2nd International Conference On Sustainable Technology For Industry 4.0, December 19-20, 2020
- Md. Shams Sayied Haque, Md. Tanvir Rahman, Risala T. Khan, Mohammad Shibli Kaysar, “Voice Assistant and Touch Screen Operated Intelligent Wheelchair for Physically Challenged People”, accepted on 2nd International Conference on Trends in Computational and Cognitive Engineering, December 17-18, 2020
- Jin Gao, Muhammad R. A. Khandaker, Faisal Tariq, Kai-Kit Wong, Risala T. Khan, “Deep Neural Network Based Resource Allocation for V2X Communications,” 90th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC Fall 2019, Honolulu, HI, USA, September 22-25, 2019
Tian-Hao Li, Muhammad R. A. Khandaker, Faisal Tariq, Kai-Kit Wong, Risala T. Khan, “Learning the Wireless V2I Channels using Deep Neural Networks”, 90th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC Fall 2019, Honolulu, HI, USA, September 22-25, 2019
Risala T. Khan, Shakila Zaman, Md. Imdadul Islam, M. R. Amin, “Comparison of Detection of Bayesian, Matched Filter, Wiener Filter and Energy Models in CRN”, IEEE R10HTC 2017
Risala T. Khan, Shakila Zaman, Md. Imdadul Islam, M. R. Amin, “Performance Evaluation of Cognitive Radio Network under Matched Filter Detection”, International Conference on Current Trends in Computer, Electrical, Electronics and Communication 2017
Anindita Saha, Farah Ashrafi, Sadia Islam, Risala T. Khan, M. S. Kaiser,” Relay Selection and Beamwidth Adaptation to Overcome Blockage in mm-Wave WPAN”, International Workshop on Computational Intelligence, 2016
Risala T. Khan, Md. Imdadul Islam, Shakila Zaman, M. R. Amin, “Comparison of Cyclostationary and Energy Detection in Cognitive Radio Network”, International Workshop on Computational Intelligence,2016
Firoz Ahmed, Mehrin Anannya, Tanvir Rahman and Risala T. Khan, "Automated CV processing along with psychometric analysis in job recruiting process," 2015 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Communication Technology (ICEEICT), pp. 1-5., 2015.
WORKSHOPRisala Tasin Khan,
Relay Selection and Beamwidth Adaptation to Overcome Blockage in mm-Wave WPAN
Doctor of Philosophy
Period: January 2020 till Date
Period: Since 2006 to 2009
Period: Since 2009 to 2012
Position: Assistant Professor
Period: Since 2012 to 2015
Position: Associate Professor
Period: Since 2015 to January 2020
Dr. Risala Tasin Khan
Institute of Information Technology
Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh.